Wednesday, July 29, 2026

July Update

 This month started off with the Tauranga Brass Band coming to our centre to perform. It was lovely to listen to the tubas, trumpet, trombones and drums play together. A couple of the clients had the opportunity to conduct the band which was cool. Some of the songs they played were “Ben”, “I will follow him” and the “Goodnight KIwi”. We had photos with the musicians afterwards.

We had a FIFA World cup fun day where we came dressed in soccer gear. I wore a Chelsea shirt. We played a game of indoor soccer, coloured in  the flag of the country Paraguay that I picked from the initial 48 countries that qualified for the tournament to make a bunting. The bunting was strung up in the sports arena. We listened to songs from different countries and had to guess where they originated from. After lunch we watched the movie "The Big Green” about some soccer misfits. It was really funny.

In Hunting and Gathering I collected succulent plants from Liz’s mum's house to plant in the centres garden. I picked limes for the clients and staff to use.

My favourite pastime is cooking and I have enjoyed making a blueberry cake, pumpkin and feta salad and making guacamole.

In literacy I am learning the process of hand writing a letter. I am writing to my family. Watch this space.

I have visited the Greerton Library and walked around Yatton Park.








No comments:

Post a Comment